My Vision Security Limited treats the privacy of its Employee’s, Client’s, Contractor’s and Stakeholder’s very seriously This Policy explains how we protect and manage the following:
- Your personal data you share with us.
- What we hold about you including.
- How we collect.
- How we process.
- How we protect.
- How we share that data.
What is Personal data?
This is any information that may be used to identify an individual including but not limited to:
- A first and last name
- A home or other physical address and email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home.
How we obtain your Personal Data:
This information is provided by you Employee’s, Client’s, Contractor’s and Stakeholder’s to include name, address, email address, telephone number.
We use this information in order to manage or to administer our contractual obligations. We may also keep information contained in any correspondence you may have with us by post or by email and we also record telephone conversations.
Information we get from other sources
We only obtain information from third parties if this is permitted by law.
We may also use legal public sources to obtain information about you, for example, to verify your identity.
This information (including your name, address, email address, date of birth, etc.) as relevant to us, will only be obtained from reputable third-party companies that operate in accordance with the GDPR
How we use your personal data:
We use your personal data to manage and administer you as Employee’s, Client’s, Contractor’s and Stakeholder’s.
We also act as controller and processor in regard to the processing of your instructions.
We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and financial details, in a manner which is consistent with the (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage.
Do we use your personal data for marketing purpose?
Any information that you choose to give us will not be used for marketing purpose by us. We will hold and process your personal data only for the business purpose of an Employee’s, Client’s, Contractor’s and Stakeholder’s contract.
Information about cookies.
We will keep information about you confidential and will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
Categories of third parties
- Any government department.
- Tax office.
- Pension provider.
- Insurance companies.
- Loss assessors.
- Regulatory authorities.
- Fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of fraud prevention.
- To comply with any legal and regulatory issues and disclosures.
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you.
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
How long do we keep this information about you?
We keep information in line with the retention procedures. These retention periods are in line with the length of the time we need to keep your personal information in order to manage and administer for the business purpose of a client/customer contract. They also take into account our need to meet any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations.
These reasons can vary from one piece of information to the next. In all cases our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and information which is no longer required will be disposed of.
Data subject rights:
Subject access requests GDPR grants you the right to access particular personal data that we hold about you, this is referred to as a subject access request.
We shall respond promptly and certainly within 30 days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our formal response shall include details of the personal data we hold about you, including the following:
- Sources from which we acquired the information;
- The purposes for processing the information; and ·
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information
Right to rectification
You, shall have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay.
Right to restriction of processing Subject to exemptions,
You, have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the data subject, and is restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified;
- The processing is unlawful and you, the data subject, oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead request the restriction in its use.
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but it is required by you, the data subject, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- You, the data subject, have objected to processing of your personal data pending the verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for us to override these objections.
Notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing
We shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing as described above to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. We shall provide you, with information about those recipients if you request it.
Right to data portability
You, have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
Right to object.
You, have the right to object, on the grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you, including any personal profiling; unless this relates to processing that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or an exercise of official authority vested in us.
We shall no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you, the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to not be subject to decisions solely on automated processing
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to an automated decision based on your personal data.
Invoking your rights.
If you would like to invoke any of the above data subject rights with us, please email to the Data Protection Controller using the following address email@example.com
Accuracy of information
In order to provide the highest level of customer service possible, we need to keep accurate personal data about you.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of any personal data or sensitive information we obtain. We ensure that the source of any personal data or sensitive information is clear and we carefully consider any challenges to the accuracy of the information. We also consider when it is necessary to update the information, such as name or address changes and you can help us by informing us of these changes when they occur.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files which contain a small amount of information. Cookies are stored within the browser or on the hard drive of your computer or device.
What type of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be in the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your web-browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date. We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how visitors move around when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greeting you by name and remembering your preferences.
What kind of information do we collect by using cookies?
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following types of information from you:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Your login information, time zone setting.
- Operating system and platform.
- Information about your visits including the URL you came from.
- Your country.
- The search terms you used in our website.
- Page response times.
- Download errors.
- Length of visits to certain pages.
- Page interaction information, (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
- Methods used to browse away from the page.
How do you block cookies?
We may update this policy from time to time. Changes in technology, legislation and authorities’ guidance may require us to inform you of the activities we undertake where it affects your privacy rights.